Thursday, December 1, 2011

Universal breath

Watch me, but do not underestimate me


judge me, not by what you heard about me

nor by the garments that I chose to wear.

instead get to know me

and you will find

yes you will find

someone totally distinguished from the similarities of mankind.

I am a child of the universe

and a victim of your opinion

with a verse for a new hymn

I shall start my singing.

Stripped of my innocent pride

I sometimes feel like not living

but with goodness in my heart I will continue giving

nothing but love even if I quit receiving.

Scrutinize me

Ostracize me

seeking the truth for it shall set us free.

The truth in you

is the truth in me

I am a child of the Universe

Only free to be the individual that I choose to be.

poetry by Tricia Bethel 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment