Thursday, December 1, 2011

Disturbia

Disturbia


by Tricia Bethel on Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 10:52am

In my mind there is a place

where I yearn to be

that which I wish to be, me.

This place is not far to reach

but my heart's a burden

and my footsteps a' laden

that I cannot get there.

The voices in my head

and memories of what were said,

are my internal enemies

ebbing away at my peace

and neither will it cease.

we sleep side by side on the bed

we eat together

and usually comfort each other.

each time I try to let go

It will dissuade me from leaving

and i start a grieving.

This pseudo affair

of thoughts weaved by society

is the reason for my anxiety.

but somehow I find myself

tearing up the pages of these voices

and holding on tightly to my own choices

I watch them fly with the wind

and I feel a sense of relief

to let go of so much grief.

Goodbye disturbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment