Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reflections

Watching me watching you


I see your limitations in me

you see my strength in you

I learn from your mistakes

you teach me lessons I never knew.

waiting on me waiting on you

to make the first leap

to fall down so I can laugh

so you can laugh,

or cry, or stretch forth your hands

and show sympathy

I don't know for sure

you don't know for sure if

what I am is who you are

who we are.

Listening to me listening to you

to hear the rhythm of your steps

to feel the thumping of my heart

and see the naked truth

that lies beneath these flesh and bones.



Understanding you understanding me

in dept and breath and soul

that which takes a lifetime to accomplish

can be attained in just a wink,

if only we did not built these strong walls

that separates me that separates you

from fragility,

that which exposes who we are

the naked truth inflicted with pain.





Tricia Bethel 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment