Thursday, December 1, 2011

Not my Friend



by Tricia Bethel on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 10:42am

You failed to praise me

but someone else will

you failed to congratulate me

but someone else did

You stared at me in my presence

belittled me in my absence

and above it all you say that I am you friend.

you never encouraged me

someone else did

you never gave me a good advice

but you acted totally concerned

to know the truth about me

this 'days of my life' soap opera that you constantly see

and yet in the end you say that I am your friend.

You are not my cup of tea

don't try to brew the essence out of me

you are not my personal advisor

you are not my shrink

so don't try to extract personal information from me

you've got duties of nothingness to perform

duties that you are unable to discern

therefore depart from me

you are not my friend.


Tricia Bethel 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment