Thursday, December 1, 2011

Quest for success ( published in Black Diaspora magazine, USA 2003)

My eyes are heavy with sleep


as I discover the true art of living

every memory a moment to keep

paging through thoughts instead of dreaming.

history fills my mind

raping its innocence, spreading it's influence.

memories of a vivid past

lingers deep in undying thoughts

forcing me at last

to discern knitted facts from scraps.

Thoughts forced me to tiredness

carrying me to the paths of desire

where past livelihood transpired.

I am young and determined to meet

the levels attained by successors

In my dreams I shall stop to greet

the unknown troop of progressors.

my quest will only be completed

with my determined will

sleepless nights

and a burning desire to ignite the flames of success.

Tricia Bethel 2003



No comments:

Post a Comment