Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lily and why?

Never a day goes by


when I don't think about you

when I don't silently share a tear for you,

My heart endlessly aches for you

The girl we once knew is no longer you

lily-and why?



You were the most innocent one

the most special one

the one loved by everyone

you had a soul purer than anyone

just as a lily-and

then you petals started to wither



We were too blind to see you falling

too caught up to see you calling

out for help

you pretended you were fine

that there was nothing there to mind

but this was not true lily-and

why?



We tried everything

to bring you back but everything

was not worth anything,

and I watch you fall

and fall

and fall

and tears roll down my eyes

as I say a prayer for you.



I know you'd wish you'd die

rather than live and suffer a lie,

But I know your soul will return

like a lily-and

I'll watch you multiply

and i'll water you

so that you may grow

so that others can see the real beauty

in you Lily and why?



Tricia Bethel

No comments:

Post a Comment