Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Valentine's

You ain’t got a lover


And I ain’t got one either

But its Valentine’s day

And we are together anyway



We aint got to do all the things that lovers do

We can just enjoy each other’s company.

Find a place on your sofa that's comfortable

Where we can sit and talk

And later go for a long walk,

Then collapse in an innocent nap



You ain’t got no ring on your finger

and I aint got one either

But it’s valentine’s day

and we are together anyway



We ain’t got to do the things that lovers do

I just like the way I feel when I’m with you

I hope I make you feel the same way too.

You’re like the calm in the storm.

The night is young, the hearth is warm

The flames they roar with passion.



You ain’t got a best friend

I ain’t got one either

but it’s valentine’s day

And we are together anyway.





Tricia Bethel Feb 14, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment