Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finding myself

Finding myself


by Tricia Bethel on Thursday, January 7, 2010 at 9:18pm

Emotions flowing

like the river Nile

I need a large book that I can write on

write my poetry.

I can't resist anymore

for It's my time,

to release my yearning

and allow my spirit to wonder

to fly and touch the face of my dreams

touch the highest notes of my melody

touch the keys to my soul

I feel like I can live forever

and it will not be over till it's all done

my purpose, my dream

I have found happiness in isolation

while others constantly seek companion

I am the artist, the poet, a creator

thirsty to learn what shapes me,

what brings a twinkle to my eyes

now it’s my time to be.

This feeling is worthwhile

why not give me some time to try.

The world has constantly shaped us

but maybe just too much

I must guard my soul

for while I seek I find

and what I've found is amazing

what I've found is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment