Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finding Happiness

I have been searching for happiness, but one day I decided to surrender all and there it was:




I surrender my fears, my insecurities, my wants.

I surrender my past, my mistakes and my imaginary future.

I am not afraid of failure

I am not afraid of danger.

I feel confident

I feel secure.

I trust in God

I trust myself.

I believe in Angels,

I believe in Miracles.

I never envy anyone for having more than me.

I feel safe, protected by God.

I don't allow myself to become a victim of parties or shopping

I don't consume alcohol to the point of being helpless

I am not addicted to cigarettes.

I am not needy for anyone next to me.

Alone or in company I create my own happiness.

I am satisfied with me,

My brown eyes, my brown skin,

My slender body. I am satisfied with me.

I love myself

I don't want to be anyone else.

I never seek compliments from anyone.

I don't day dream, I don't have regrets

I learn to forgive people who hurt me even when it's hard.

I learn from my mistakes,

I share my experiences.

I listen to others;

I don't just think about myself.

I don't boast and I am humble.

I appreciate and cherish every day,

I have values and manners.

I am aware of my surroundings and changes.

I am far from being rich

but I am better off than many

I learn to appreciate what I have.

I learn to surrender all.



Some people look but cannot see

some people listen but cannot hear

some people touch but cannot feel

some people breathe but cannot smell



lets strive to not be one of those people.



Tricia Bethel

No comments:

Post a Comment